Landlord Gas Safety Certificates in Watford, Hertfordshire
By law, landlords are legally required to obtain an annual gas safety certificate for all gas appliances and flues used within their rented accommodation. This is called landlord gas safety certification and is awarded upon the successful completion of a gas safety check carried out by a registered Gas-Safe engineer. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use by tenants.
If non-compliance were to lead to death from carbon monoxide poisoning or to unsafe gas appliance supply or gas leaks, the landlord could be charged with manslaughter. Failure to produce valid gas safety certificates (CP 12) can result in prosecution, invalidation of property insurance, liability for expensive claims, heavy fines or even loss of life.
Gas safety certificates act as proof of compliance to UK regulations. A copy of a safety certificate must be given to a tenant within 28 days of issue. The tenant should retain a copy for two years from the point of testing. This retention period will ensure compliance and proof of a landlord’s legal gas safety requirements.
Gas safety certificates can be issued for a number of gas appliances including:
- Central Heating Systems
- Gas Boilers
- Gas Fires
Gas Safety Inspections: Boilers & Appliances
Our Gas-Safe engineers are qualified to carry out gas safety inspections and checks on boilers and central heating systems, as well as ‘Home Buyer’ reports.
Gas safety inspections include:
- Central heating system tightness ‘gas leak’ tests
- Gas appliance tightness checks
- Standing and working pressures at meter and appliances
- Burner pressure against manufacturer data
- Gas rate checks against manufacturer data
- Ventilation reviews
- Flue flow testing for combustion product removal
- Flame failure devices are fully operational
- Boiler defect checks
- Unsafe operation or installation - investigation reporting
- Flue installation and ventilation standards compliance
Gas Safety Certificates & Home Buyer’s Reports
On completion of a gas safety inspection, the tester will record the findings on the landlord’s or home owner’s gas safety inspection record. The gas safety certificate is a useful tool:
- For sellers it removes doubt from potential purchasers to the suitability of the gas installation
- For surveyors and solicitors who’s clients have gas installations tested prior to purchasing a property
- For buyers to discover gas supply defects prior to purchase
- For obtaining an estimated cost of boiler repair or new boiler installation
- For peace of mind, knowing that a professional gas safety engineer has provided a thorough gas inspection
Gas-Safe Registered Engineers
Our qualified plumbers are Gas-Safe registered to carry out gas inspection checks. They carry Gas-Safe identification (ID) and are fully uniformed. You can trust us to carry out gas safety inspections and plumbing work in a friendly, professional manner - at all times.
To obtain a gas safety inspection certificate or book a gas inspection check, please contact us today.
If you’ve already had a gas safety check carried out and your gas appliance has failed, one of our specialists will be happy to advise you on the best course of action to take and the options available to you.
Author: Tony Hernandez