AHP’s Guide to New Boiler and Installation Costs
It’s a simple fact: there’s never a good time to replace your boiler as it’s often the most expensive part of your central heating system.
The cost-savings associated with replacing a non-performing, faulty or dated boiler with a more energy-efficient, smaller and smarter boiler are huge!
Did you know that installing a new “A” rated condensing boiler can save you up to 38% on your energy bill?
With so many different boiler manufactures to choose from (all offering great guarantees) choosing the right one for your home is one of the biggest decisions you can make. As an investment for your home, a new boiler can give you a problem free central heating system for many years to come.
Important New Boiler Considerations:
- The best boilers offer the longest guarantees ranging from 2 years to 10 years and include parts and labour
- A new boilers’ lifespan is only as good as the standard of initial installation
- Make sure that the system is flushed (if needed) before installing a new boiler
- Installing a debris filter (such as a Magnaclean) can really help protect your boiler
- Installing a lime-scale reducer on a combination boiler can drastically increase the boilers lifespan
- Registering your new boiler with the building regulations authority is important, as is validating the manufactures guarantee
You might also want to consider re-siting (moving) your new boiler to a more convenient location to free up room in a bedroom, bathroom or kitchen. You can also re-site your boiler out-of-sight within a loft, cupboard or an outdoor compartment. Freeing up space can be a great reason for installing a new boiler.
Boiler installation prices vary considerably, depending on the make and model of the boiler you’re having fitted. The following guide is for domestic boilers only and do not include labour.
New Boiler Costs (excl VAT):
£600 - £1,000
£600 - £1,300
2 – 10 Year
£600 - £2,000
5 – 10 Year
£680 - £2,300
2 – 7 Year
£750 - £2,800
2 – 5 Year
£800 - £3,000
New Boiler “Installation Only” Costs (excl VAT):
A straight combination boiler or a heat-only boiler like-for-like swap could cost between £600 – £1,000 to install and include:
- Registering boiler with the buildings regulations authority
- Registering boiler guarantee with manufacturer
- Central heating system flushing
- Commissioning and completing the benchmark certificate at the back of the installation manual.
- Certification from Gas-Safe and (if applicable) from the manufacturer
- Moving or relocating a boiler to a new location can cost approx £1,500 – £2,500
New Boiler and Installation Costs:
A straight combination boiler or a heat-only like-for-like swap, including the boiler, labour and materials can cost approx £1250 - £3500 (excl VAT) and include all the items listed above.
Why Choose AHP?
AHP Boiler Services have been qualified and approved London and Hertfordshire Gas-Safe installers of new Viessman, Worcester Bosch, Valliant, Baxi and Glow Worm boilers for over 20 years. All our heating engineers are fully uniformed, carry full ID and will treat your home as they would their own.
We’ll help you choose the right boiler for your needs and to arrange a free system health-check, please contact us today. Alternatively find out more about us or get a fast quote. We’re only a phone call away and guiding customers through the boiler maze is what we do best!
Author: Tony Hernandez