Landlord Gas Safety Certificates in West London
Many people are unaware that landlords are legally required to acquire an annual landlord gas safety certificate (CP12) to prove the safety of all gas appliances and flues used within their rented accommodation.
A gas certificate is then awarded upon the successful completion of a gas safety check, to ensure all gas fittings and appliances are safe to use by tenants. This inspection can only be carried out by a registered Gas-Safe engineer.
Non-compliance can lead to death from carbon monoxide poisoning or due to unsafe gas appliance supply, with the landlord potentially being charged with manslaughter. Failure to produce a valid certificate to the relevant authorities, can result in the following:
- Property insurance invalidation
- Liability for expensive claims
- Heavy fines
Once obtained, a gas safety certificate copy must be given to the accommodations’ tenant, within 28 days of issue. This important document should then be retained for two years from the point of testing. This retention period ensures compliance and proof of a landlord’s legal gas safety requirements.
Gas safety certificates can be issued for a number of gas appliances including:
- Central Heating Systems & Gas Boilers
- Gas Cookers
- Gas Fires
- Gas-powered Ovens
Gas Safety Inspections: Boilers & Gas Appliances
Our Gas-Safe qualified engineers can conduct safety inspections and checks on boilers and central heating systems, as well as write up ‘Home Buyer’ reports. Our Gas safety inspections include:
- Tests for central heating system tightness gas leaks
- Checks for gas appliance tightness
- Standing and working pressure at meter and appliances
- Burner pressure and gas rate checks against manufacturer data
- A review of adequate ventilation
- Flue flow testing for combustion product removal
- Confirmation that flame failure devices are fully operational
- Checks for boiler system defects
- Checks for unsafe operation or installation
- Flue installation and ventilation standards compliance
Home Buyer’s Reports
On completion of a gas safety inspection, our engineer will write up the findings on the landlord’s or home owner’s gas safety inspection record. The gas safety certificate is a useful tool:
- For surveyors and solicitors who’s clients have gas installations tested prior to purchasing a property
- For sellers it removes doubt from potential purchasers to the suitability of the gas installation
- For buyers to discover gas supply defects prior to purchase
- For obtaining an estimated cost of boiler repair or new boiler installation
- For peace of mind - a professional gas safety engineer has provided a thorough gas inspection
Qualified Gas-Safe Engineers
AHP Boiler Services’ qualified plumbers are Gas-Safe registered to carry out inspection checks, are fully uniformed and carry identification (ID). You can trust us to carry out inspections and plumbing work in a friendly, professional manner - at all times.
To obtain a gas safety inspection certificate or to book a gas inspection, please contact us today.
If you’ve already had a gas safety check carried out and your gas appliance has failed, one of our specialists will be happy to advise you on the best course of action to take and the options available to you.
Author: Tony Hernandez